Effective Date: November 20, 2019
Personal Information (defined below) we obtain through the Products, your communications with us, or from third parties. It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of, your access to, and how to update and correct your personal information.
“Personal Information” means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Our Products collect your information
We collect Personal Information when you choose to provide it to us including when you:
- Register an account. Some of our Products give you the option of creating a user account (an “Account”). If you decide to create an Account, you will provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your user name and password. You are not required to register to use our Products.
- Purchase a Miko Product. When you make a purchase, you are given the option of logging into an Account or checking out as a guest. In either case, when you purchase a Miko Product, you will provide us with Personal Information, such as your name, email address, and shipping address.
- Make a payment. When you make a payment to Miko, you may need to provide Personal Information to our third-party payment processors. Such Personal Information may include sensitive Personal Information, such as your credit card number.
- Submit information to us. We collect information you submit to us. For example, when you post a review of a Miko product on shopmiko.com or refer a friend to Miko on shopmiko.com, we receive the information in your submission, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of shopmiko.com, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Communicate with us. We may also collect Personal Information from you when you communicate with us. For example, you may send us Personal Information by writing an email to us, calling our customer service department, subscribing to the Miko newsletter, or making a reservation for an event hosted by Miko. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Take a survey. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. For example, you may be asked to provide contact information as well as information about your height, weight, gender or date of birth.
- Information you provide about a third party. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about Miko, we may collect your friend’s Personal Information, such as name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to purchase a Miko product. We store your friend’s information in order to send this one-time email and to track the success of our referral program.
- Passive collection. Our websites and applications collect and store information that is generated automatically as you use them, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our websites and applications (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer our Products. Non-personal information that we passively collect may be combined with other information about you, including Personal Information.
- Information provided by third parties. Miko may collect information about you from third parties or supplement the information we collect from you with additional records received from third parties. If you place an order with a third-party retailer, that retailer will send your personal information to Miko so that we can fulfill you order. We also collect information from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
How Miko uses your information:
- We use Personal Information to facilitate and improve our Products, and communicate with you.
- Internal and service-related usage. We use and retain information, including Personal Information, to improve and facilitate our Products. We may also use such data to help us deliver targeted advertising to consumers that is displayed on both Miko websites and unaffiliated websites, to analyze interactions with and performance of our Products, to measure the effectiveness of advertising on behalf of our advertising partners, and to identify the audience most likely to respond to an advertisement. We may also use data from third parties (such as data vendors) pursuant to their own privacy policies, and enhance information (including Personal Information) that we have collected with such third-party data. We believe that the use of such information is helpful to providing users with better services. However, if you would like to opt out of these interest-based advertisements, please follow the opt-out process described below under “Choice.”
- Communications. We may send emails to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
- Marketing. We may use information about you, including Personal Information, to send you information about Miko’s Products.
- Non-Personal Information. We may use anonymized, aggregated or other data that is not Personal Information for any purpose, including marketing. These uses may include but are not limited to analyzing interactions with and performance of our Products, enabling us to improve our Products, and sharing such information with our business partners, affiliates, or any other third party. Similarly, we may enhance any such anonymized and aggregated data collected via our Products with other information collected from our business partners.
Miko may disclose your information
We may share your information:
- With our third-party service providers;
- To comply with legal obligations;
- To protect and defend our rights and property; and
- With your permission.
We use vendors and service providers. We may share Personal Information with our vendors and service providers who perform services on our behalf. These third parties are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us, such as:
- Providing customer services including fulfilling orders, delivering packages, and communicating with you about your order
- Payment processing
- Sending, evaluating, and improving marketing communications
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Measuring and improving the performance of our Products
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud
- Developing and improving Miko Products
- Registering your Account
- Detecting, preventing and remediating fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Displaying to other users. The content you post to shopmiko.com may be displayed on shopmiko.com. Other users may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Marketing. If you are in the United States and make a purchase from us, certain information collected from you may be made available to select third parties who offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer that we not share your information with such third parties, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days of your purchase. Note that if it has been more than thirty (30) days since your purchase, your opt-out may not apply to marketing initiatives that are already underway. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not share any Glow Usage Data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- As required by law and similar disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order, government request, or subpoena. We may also access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety, or investigate fraud.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
- Upon request, Miko will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you would like to access, update, correct, or delete any information that you have provided to us through your use of our Products, you may contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We reserve the right to save transaction data as is necessary to comply with legal obligations or for purposes of standard business operations.
- As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
- To manage our advertising on other sites, we engage third-party advertising partners. These third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on shopmiko.com and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. Notwithstanding the foregoing, our third-party advertising partners do not have access to, nor do we share with such third parties, any Glow Usage Data. Certain of our third-party advertising partners participate in self-regulatory organizations, and those organizations operate websites that give you the ability to opt-out of receiving targeted ads from those partners. You can access these websites, and also learn more about targeted advertising and privacy, at Network Advertising or AboutAds. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
- To be clear, whether you are opting out by adjusting your browser/device settings or by using a website established by a self-regulatory group, these cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted out. For example, if you have opted out on your computer browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt out on each device.
- Please note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
- If you would like to opt-out of Miko sharing your information with third parties (such as data vendors) for non-Miko related marketing purposes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third-party sites and social media platforms
- Our Products may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to shopmiko.com or our other Products. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application that they interact with. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
- Our Products may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Products. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Security of your information
- By using our Products or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Products. If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on shopmiko.com or sending an email to you. In certain jurisdictions, you may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please email us at email@example.com.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you products or services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and our Products are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
- By using our Products, you will transfer data to the United States.
- If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield
- Miko Brand, LLC. participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Miko Brand, LLC. is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Frameworks, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
- Under the Privacy Shield Framework, Miko Brand, LLC. is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Miko Brand, LLC complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
- With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Miko Brand, LLC is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Miko Brand, LLC may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
- Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Post a question or suggestion
"This Shiatsu foot massager has long been a bestseller among Strategist readers, a popular gift for boyfriends, girlfriends, and dads alike."
"For the grandpa who deserves feet that can keep up with his high spirits all day long."
"I’ve found that I value the fresh smelling and clean air from a purifier being home so much these days, knowing they can remove pollutants, toxins and allergens that not only cause odors but can disrupt your health"
"Want literally all of the features? With this massager, you get heating, vibration, kneading, rolling, and multiple massage modes."
"This at-home electric foot massager goes to work, targeting pressure points to soothe tired feet. He won't be expecting this self-care luxury, but he'll quickly become obsessed with it."
“Air purification and ventilation is one key to preventing the spread of contagions. Now that we know we can’t ignore it, we need to find ways to bring the outdoors inside.”
"Rest and relaxation is the best gift you can give your wife these days. This massager from Miko features heat, air compressions, deep kneading, rolling therapy, neuropathy, and more."
"This machine uses heat, vibrations, and intense rolling inspired by the Japanese shiatsu massage"
"This has been a year in which we’ve spent a lot of time thinking about viruses, allergens, and air quality—and most of us have spent an unusual amount of time at home"
"Who doesn’t love a soothing foot massage at the end of a long day? While regularly seeking out a massage therapist would surely put a dent in your wallet, there are at-home solutions to be found"
"It’s perfect for use during the workday, while reading a book, watching television, or simply laying around the house"