Wine is so sacred and enjoyable why not get the right glass to possess it ?
With hundreds of types of wine glasses that are available, we will help sort out the ones that would fit you best. The answer is they are both good, however the choice depends on your preference. Lets simplify this whole Crystal Vs Glass decision by discussing what the benefits are for either material. Lets get you the right glassware.
- The rim of the glass is made a lot thinner while maintaining strength
- Added minerals to enhance the flavor of your wine
- Crystal is usually porous which is better off to be hand washed
- Refracts light and really embraces the color of the wine while spinning
- There are Lead and Lead free options as well
- Extremely durable while being made very thin
- Upscale and pricey
The main issue of Crystal is that it’s expensive and might need to be replaced more frequently that glass.
- Mostly made thicker all around for durability and strength
- Glass is fully dishwasher safe and non-porous
- Ordinary but can have very elegant looks
- Easy to clean
- Not pricing and very affordable
- Glass Benefits
Glass is extremely popular for the fact that it is non-porous and won’t absorb any chemicals. The easy to clean and dishwasher safe is probably the best advantage it has. Glass is made much thicker at the rim and body to be more durable and stronger which can last longer. Even though it’s not so favorable to drink from a thick rim, price and longevity of the glass makes up for it. Price is really affordable and can look very fancy.
Glass has an uneven molecular structure so that accounts for distorted vision as you look through the glass. Since the glass is mostly made thin, the clink is not so enjoyable.
So.. What Should You Choose ?
Now that we have all the facts out there, let’s see what would work best for you. If you’re buying a gift for a mom, dad, friend, etc. get them crystal. Its really fancy and they would love it. If you’re a person who doesn’t have the time or patience to clean then just get glass. It’s easy and you’ll be able to just throw it in the dishwasher. If you want the best or nothing, get crystal. If you like to party and drop glasses pretty often then get glass. Should last you longer but yet again they aren’t indestructible.